White Chocolate Gummi Bear Bark is a sweet and colorful candy treat that is easy to make and perfect for snacking or gifting. The recipe involves melting white chocolate, spreading it into a thin layer, and topping it with a generous amount of colorful gummi bears. Once the chocolate sets, the bark can be cut into small pieces and enjoyed as a fun and festive snack. The recipe can be easily customized by using different types of candy or adding nuts, dried fruit, or coconut for extra flavor and texture.
A. Explanation of White Chocolate Gummi Bear Bark:
– White Chocolate Gummi Bear Bark is a sweet and chewy treat made by combining melted white chocolate with colorful gummi bears.
B. Brief history of the dish :
The origin of White Chocolate Gummi Bear Bark is not known, but it is believed to have emerged as a popular dessert in the 2000s.
C. Popularity of the dish:
– White Chocolate Gummi Bear Bark is a popular dessert choice among people of all ages and is especially popular with children and teenagers. It’s easy to make and can be customized with different flavors and toppings.
A. List of ingredients required :
White chocolate chips or white chocolate bars – Gummi bears (assorted colors)
B. Explanation of each ingredient:
– White chocolate: provides a sweet and creamy base for the bark. – Gummi bears: add chewy texture and vibrant colors to the bark.
C. Substitutions for ingredients :
For the white chocolate, you can use white chocolate chips or white chocolate bars. If you want to use a different flavor of chocolate, feel free to substitute it with milk chocolate or dark chocolate. – For the gummi bears, you can use different flavors or shapes of gummy candies to change the taste and appearance of the bark.
- 16 ounces good quality white chocolate, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Very Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons rainbow jimmies
- 5 ounces gummi bears
Line an 9x12-inch (or similar size) baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add all but one ounce of the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds (use the chocolate setting on your microwave if it has one). Stir with a rubber spatula and microwave in 20 second increments stirring in between until the chocolate is smooth and completely melted.
Finely chop the ounce of chocolate you held back and add it to the hot chocolate - stir, stir, stir until it's completely melted and combined. Stir in the vanilla.
Pour the hot chocolate out onto the parchment and spread it out as evenly as you can with a rubber spatula.
Working quickly, sprinkle the jimmies over it then the gummi bears - or place them individually by hand.
Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour or until completely cooled and set up.
Break or cut into irregular pieces. Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place.
Leave a Reply