Warm Feta Artichoke Dip with Homemade Pita Chips is a delicious appetizer that is perfect for parties or gatherings. This warm and creamy dip combines the tangy flavors of feta cheese and artichoke hearts with a hint of garlic and lemon juice for a tasty and comforting dip that is sure to please any crowd. The dip is easy to make and can be paired with Homemade Pita Chips that are crispy, flavorful, and healthier than traditional store-bought chips. In this blog post, we will share the recipe and step-by-step instructions for making Warm Feta Artichoke Dip with Homemade Pita Chips, along with serving suggestions and health benefits. So, let’s get started!
The homemade pita chips take all of 15 minutes to make from start to finish. While they’re crisping up in the oven you can throw together the dip. You can also make them both ahead of time for company or game day. Just refrigerate and bake off the dip when you’re ready.
This is a total flavor explosion. Every bite is filled with tangy, creamy flavor that pops out at you like a surprise party.
Now I can definitely see it being made into a spinach artichoke dip.
One completely worthy of my adoration.
It’s confession time.
I’m not a huge fan of warm dips, namely the famous spinach artichoke dip everyone seems to go gaga over. I’ll take a cold french onion or spinach vegetable dip over that one any day. Not because I don’t like spinach and artichokes. The exact opposite is true. I love them, both together and separately.
I just don’t love that dip even though I want to. Tried to. Maybe it’s just that I never had one worthy enough.
So that’s why I briefly thought of injecting some spinach into this one but slapped my hand back. Artichokes and feta are the stars here so I kept it that way. What I did do is swap out the mayonnaise in the original for cream cheese and a little sour cream and trade in the pimentos for roasted red peppers. There’s also Parmesan cheese and garlic to round things out.
Whatever that means.
Serving Suggestions for WARM FETA ARTICHOKE DIP WITH HOMEMADE PITA CHIPS :
Warm Feta Artichoke Dip with Homemade Pita Chips is a versatile dish that can be served in a variety of ways, depending on your preferences and needs. Here are some serving suggestions to consider:
- As an appetizer: Serve the dip and pita chips as an appetizer at your next party or gathering. Place the warm dip in a serving dish and surround it with the homemade pita chips for a delicious and convenient snack that everyone can enjoy.
- As a side dish: Warm Feta Artichoke Dip can also be served as a side dish with your main course. Pair it with grilled chicken or fish, roasted vegetables, or a fresh green salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
- With other dips and snacks: Warm Feta Artichoke Dip can be paired with other dips and snacks to create a fun and flavorful grazing table. Add hummus, salsa, guacamole, or other dips, along with fresh vegetables, crackers, and other finger foods, to create a colorful and delicious spread.
- For meal prep: The dip and pita chips can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Pack the dip and chips in separate containers and bring them to work or school for a healthy and satisfying snack or lunch option.
- As a topping: Warm Feta Artichoke Dip can also be used as a topping for baked potatoes, grilled flatbreads, or pizza. Spread the dip on top of your favorite base and add other toppings like olives, sun-dried tomatoes, or fresh herbs for a flavorful and easy meal.
No matter how you choose to serve Warm Feta Artichoke Dip with Homemade Pita Chips, it’s sure to be a hit. Just be sure to enjoy it while it’s warm and melty for the best flavor and texture.
- Pita Chips:
- 8 small pitas, split them apart and cut them into 4 triangles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, diced
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- butter, for greasing the pan
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lay the pitas on baking sheets in one layer. Brush the tops with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until browned and crispy.
Meanwhile in a medium bowl stir the cream cheese and sour cream together until creamy and combined. Stir in the artichokes, peppers, feta, Parmesan and garlic.
Grease a small casserole dish with butter and spoon the dip into it. Bake 25 minutes. If the top isn't browned heat the broiler and cook 1 - 2 minutes or until lightly golden.
Serve warm with the pita chips.
Leave a Reply