Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls are a delicious and easy-to-prepare meal that will make your taste buds dance with joy. With the busy pace of modern life, slow cookers have become a lifesaver for many home cooks. They allow you to throw ingredients into the pot in the morning, go about your day, and come home to a hot and delicious meal in the evening. This recipe takes advantage of this convenient kitchen appliance to create a tasty and healthy burrito bowl that you’ll love.
Not only is this dish convenient, but it is also incredibly versatile. You can serve the slow-cooked chicken and sauce over rice for a comforting bowl, or wrap it up in a tortilla for a hearty burrito. The toppings are up to you, but some suggestions include avocado, cheese, and salsa.
Using a slow cooker has many benefits, especially when it comes to making meals like Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls. Here are some of the most notable benefits:
- Convenience: Slow cookers allow you to throw ingredients into the pot in the morning and come home to a hot and ready meal in the evening. This makes meal prep a breeze and frees up time for other activities during the day.
- Flavor Development: Slow cooking allows the flavors of the ingredients to meld together over time, creating a more complex and delicious flavor profile.
- Ease of Preparation: With a slow cooker, there’s no need to stand over the stove or constantly check the dish. Simply set it and forget it, making it the perfect option for busy weeknights.
- Energy-Efficient: Slow cookers use less energy than traditional ovens or stovetops, making them a more eco-friendly option for cooking.
- Cost-Effective: Slow cookers are often less expensive than ovens or stovetops, and they are also a great way to save money by using cheaper cuts of meat that become tender and delicious when cooked low and slow.
Overall, using a slow cooker to make Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls is an excellent way to enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal with minimal effort.
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with the ingredients, instructions, and tips you need to make this delicious dish at home. Whether you’re a seasoned slow-cooker pro or just getting started, this recipe is sure to become a staple in your meal rotation. So, let’s get started!
- 1 (11 ounce) can Ro-tel tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup instant white or brown rice
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar, plus more for serving
- tortilla chips
- fresh chopped green onions or cilantro
- sour cream
- guacamole or diced avocado
- shredded lettuce
In a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker stir the Ro-tel, broth and all the seasonings together.
Add the chicken breasts, beans and corn.
Cook on high 3 - 4 hours or low 5 - 6 hours.
Cook the rice according to package directions and mix it into the slow cooker or leave it out and layer it in the bowls.
Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board and shred or cut into bite-size pieces. Add back to the slow cooker and stir it in with the cheese.
Serve in bowls with your choice of toppings.
Leave a Reply