Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Soup is a great option for a cozy, comforting meal because it is warm, flavorful, and hearty. The combination of chicken, vegetables, and beans makes for a filling and satisfying meal, while the Tuscan herbs and spices add a comforting aroma and depth of flavor. Plus, it is incredibly easy to make in a crockpot, which means you can let it simmer all day and come home to a delicious, ready-to-eat dinner. The soup is perfect for chilly nights or when you just need a warm and comforting meal.
I made this soup for you! It’s going to get chilly soon and I want you to be prepared. You’ll be wanting something warm, hearty and comforting to come home to and what better fits the bill than a mostly hands-off, slow cooker soup?
I hope you said “nothing”.
This is packed with the most tender chicken you can imagine after slow cooking for hours in broth seasoned with a little tomato paste. It also has cannellini beans, fresh spinach, carrots, roasted red peppers, onions, garlic, Italian seasonings and a squeeze of lemon to brighten everything up.
I add the beans and spinach at the end because canned beans are already cooked and I don’t want them to get too mushy. The same with the spinach, I don’t want it to cook so far down that it doesn’t have any texture left to it.
This is chock full of flavors that are easy to love and will have you coming back for seconds!
Excuse me now while I go hug my crockpot.
Best invention ever.
Why Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Soup is a great option for a cozy, comforting meal?
Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Soup is a great option for a cozy, comforting meal because it is warm, flavorful, and hearty. The combination of chicken, vegetables, and beans makes for a filling and satisfying meal, while the Tuscan herbs and spices add a comforting aroma and depth of flavor. Plus, it is incredibly easy to make in a crockpot, which means you can let it simmer all day and come home to a delicious, ready-to-eat dinner. The soup is perfect for chilly nights or when you just need a warm and comforting meal. Additionally, the creamy broth and tender chicken make this soup extra comforting, while the mix of vegetables and beans add extra nutrition and flavor. Overall, it’s a delicious and satisfying soup that is sure to become a favorite for any cozy, comforting meal.
Benefits health of the ingredients :
Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Soup contains a variety of ingredients that provide numerous health benefits. Chicken is an excellent source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue, maintaining healthy skin, and boosting the immune system. The vegetables used in the soup, such as carrots, celery, and kale, are packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help support overall health and wellness. Beans, another important ingredient in the soup, are an excellent source of fiber, which can help support digestive health and reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases. The garlic and herbs used in the recipe also offer numerous health benefits, such as anti-inflammatory properties and immune system support. Overall, Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Soup is a delicious and nutritious way to support overall health and well-being.
Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Soup is a hearty and flavorful dish that can be served in a variety of ways. Here are some serving suggestions:
- As a main course: Serve the soup as the main course for a cozy dinner. You can add some crusty bread or crackers on the side for some added texture.
- With a side salad: You can serve the soup with a side salad to add some freshness to the meal. A simple green salad with a light vinaigrette pairs well with the rich and hearty flavors of the soup.
- With some crusty bread: Serve the soup with some crusty bread on the side for some added texture and flavor. You can also toast the bread and add some cheese for a delicious and satisfying twist.
- Topped with cheese: Sprinkle some grated Parmesan or mozzarella cheese on top of the soup for some extra creaminess and flavor.
- Garnished with herbs: You can garnish the soup with some fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, or thyme for some added freshness and aroma.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bottled or filtered water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed between fingertips
- salt and pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (jarred) roasted red pepper, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- a big squeeze of fresh lemon juice (1 - 2 teaspoons)
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- crackers or crusty bread, for serving
In a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker whisk the chicken broth, water, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper together.
Add the onion, garlic, pepper, carrots and chicken.
Cook on high 3 - 4 hours or low 5 - 6.
Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board. Mix the beans and spinach into the pot and put the lid on it.
Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and stir them back into the pot. Taste the broth and add more salt and pepper as needed.
Cook for another 20 minutes or so just to heat the beans and allow the spinach to wilt.
Stir the lemon juice into the pot and serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
Leave a Reply